Galvin's at the Athenaeum Hotel London offers great value and sophisticated deliciousness. 3 Yums Up!

London is has won my heart and is again my favourite city to visit.  We recently stayed at the lovely Athenaeum Hotel in Piccadilly and had dinner at Galvin, their restaurant from the Michelin starred Galvin brothers, Chris and Jeff.  The Prix Fixe Menu is great value pre-theater for 24.50GBP.

Heritage Beetroot, Walnuts, Westcombe Ricotta on Crisp Sourdough
 We tried the Parsnip and cider soup with pickled apple and parsnip crisps.  very tasty and nicely presented with a lid topped with the parsnip crisps. I preferred my beetroot, walnut and Westcombe ricotta on crisp sourdough. 
Flaked Peterhead Cod, Brandade, Artichoke, Lemon and Capers

We each had a main course fish dish.  I had flaked cod with brandade, artichoke, lemon and parsley. It was a delicious, somewhat rustic dish in a bowl.   
Roast Brixham Brill, Brown Shrimps, Lemon, Capers & Leeks

David had Brill with brown shrimps, lemon, capers and leeks.  The leeks were craveable.  When finished he suggested we have dinner there again the next night.  As much as I wanted to try the Brill, I was never going to let that happen.  We had some good dining ahead.

Comments

Popular Posts